Written by 7:53 am Europe

Palestinian Filmmaker Basel Adra, Who Won an Oscar, Claims That Israeli Troops Raided his West Bank Home

On Saturday, Israeli soldiers raided the West Bank home of Basel Adra, the Palestinian filmmaker and co-director of the Oscar-winning documentary “No Other Land.” Adra reported that soldiers questioned his wife, Suha, about his whereabouts and searched through her phone while their nine-month-old daughter was at home. Earlier that day, Israeli settlers attacked the village, injuring two of Adra’s brothers and a cousin. Adra accompanied his family to the hospital and learned during that time that soldiers had entered his house.

No Other Land,” a joint Palestinian-Israeli production, tells the story of residents fighting to prevent the Israeli military from demolishing villages in the Masafer Yatta area of the West Bank and documents the ongoing expulsion of its community. Adra, who has committed his career to documenting settler violence in Masafer Yatta, described the raid as “horrific” and said the system is designed to intimidate Palestinians trying to record the realities on the ground.

Co-director Yuval Abraham said the pattern is familiar: Israeli settlers attack Palestinian villages brutally, and the army subsequently targets Palestinians in response. The film has received international acclaim, shedding light on the struggles faced by communities under occupation.

Also Read:

In Texas, a Deadly Measles Outbreak Does little to Dispel Vaccine Skepticism

The UK Defense Sector Demands a Speedy Security Agreement with Brussels in Order to Obtain EU Funding

Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today