Written by 8:09 am Europe

PM Tusk Says Poland Would Restore its Border with Belarus After closing it for Almost Two Weeks

According to Prime Minister Donald Tusk, Poland will restore its border with Belarus at midnight on Thursday morning, ending a closure that lasted almost two weeks. On September 12, the Polish government shut down all of its border crossings with Belarus in retaliation for the massive Zapad 2025 military drills between Russian and Belarusian forces.

NATO allies were on high alert that Moscow’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine might spread to other nations after the war drills, which came after an extraordinary Russian drone invasion of Polish airspace.

The final result of these exercises decreases, yet I can’t say negates various threats, and after taking into account the economic interests of Polish carriers and railways, we concluded that the precaution has served its goal,” Tusk told the Polish cabinet on Tuesday.

According to Poland’s Prime Minister, a regulation to reopen road and rail crossings with Belarus will be issued by the Interior Minister. The European Commission announced last week that it is monitoring the potential economic impact of the border closure, which has effectively shut down a key railroad trade route between the bloc and China. Since the summer of 2021, Poland has severely restricted road travel with Belarus after accusing Minsk of forcing migrants across its border.

Also Read:

In Texas, a Deadly Measles Outbreak Does little to Dispel Vaccine Skepticism

The UK Defense Sector Demands a Speedy Security Agreement with Brussels in Order to Obtain EU Funding

 

Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today